Kemppi is the design leader of the arc welding industry. We are committed to boosting the quality and productivity of welding by continuous development of the welding arc and by working for greener and more equal world. Kemppi supplies sustainable products, digital solutions, and services for professionals from industrial welding companies to single contractors. The usability and reliability of our products is our guiding principle. We operate with a highly skilled partner network covering over 70 countries to make its expertise locally available. Headquartered in Lahti, Finland, Kemppi employs close to 800 professionals in 17 countries and has a revenue of 178 MEUR.
Sales Manager (Safety Equipment & Welding Torches)
We are currently looking for a Sales Manager to join our team to support our Safety Equipment and Welding Torches growth in the UK. We are a small but effective team with a good track record of growth and ambitious targets for the future.
The Safety Equipment and Welding Torches businesses are still in their infancy for us in Kemppi UK, however we see the great growth potential and are excited to find someone equally enthusiastic to spearhead this journey with us.
This position reports to the UK Managing Director and is ideally located in the Midlands in order to be able to travel most effectively.
- Managing sales and interaction with key accounts and dealers throughout the UK
- Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market
- Effort towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values
- Establishes plans to expand the customer base in the market area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for dealers and accounts
- Providing education and sales support and to dealers / customers both on-site and in Kemppi UK Technical Centre
- Implements the company sales plans to ensure the achievement of company sales goals and profitability
- Responsible for the performance and development of the dealers / end user customers
- Prepares action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects (new customer acquisition and maintained loyalty of existing customers)
- Effort to develop and implement marketing plans as needed
- Understand training and development needs and ensure the steady improvement of customer sales and activity performance
- Provides monthly feedback to Managing Director regarding performance
- Assists dealers in preparation of proposals and demonstrations
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented
- Sets examples for colleagues in areas of personal attitude, commitment, organisational and selling skills and work habits
- Conducts regular coaching and counselling with dealers to build motivation and selling skills
- Maintains regular contact with all dealers / end user customers in the market area to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Experience in safety and welding related industries highly beneficial
- Value sales approach: ability to communicate benefits (in terms of money)
- Experience in aspects of customer relationship management
- Understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Entreprenurial and collaborative mindset
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team of professionals
- Full UK driving licence
- Experience in I.T. based reporting systems (Excel / Word etc.)
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including private healthcare and a company car. We have flexible working and uphold family friendly values.
This is also an opportunity to work for an international company and be part of a network of friendly professional colleagues.